For one Canadian artist, the vibrancy of Japanese washi pulled her out of the darkness of mental illness. Alexa Kumiko Hatanaka and Ashoona Ashoona with their collaborative art piece at the Fogo Island Arts gallery in 2023. The piece, “Uummatima tillirninga, I can...
- Should we fear what books young people read?
- Living in a closed society
- Can a longer weekend increase learning?
- Decoder: When powerful nations don’t play by the rules
- Decoder Replay: NATO and the cost-benefit of mutual defence
- Can you say it in plain English? A new Quebec law says: “Non.”
- Should finders remain keepers when it comes to looted stones?
- Freelance journalism doesn’t mean free