Suzuyo Takazato first protested against a U.S. military base on Japan’s Okinawa island in 1995 after the rape of a schoolgirl. She persists today. (Photo by Joe Coleman) This story was co-winner in the university division in News-Decoder’s Arch Roberts Jr...
- Faculty in the Spotlight: Russell Spinney
- Police pushback against protesters in Peru
- Decoder Replay: Jitters over big ships and tiny islands
- What’s not to understand about climate change?
- Where you call home
- Questioning the legacy of the most famous diplomat
- Can we work together to cool our planet?
- Decoder Replay: Could youth give peace a chance?