This course teaches the fundamental skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be media literate.
In today’s world, where people are bombarded with media messages all day long, media literacy is an indispensable skill.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the critical functions of media in society
- Identify conditions that need to exist for media organizations to thrive
- Evaluate the state of the media sector in different countries
- Recognize the most common media ownership models around the world
- Think critically about the agendas of media owners
- Distinguish between common types of media content
- Evaluate the quality of common forms of media content
- Understand what constitutes fake news and know how to watch out for it
- Incorporate best practices into your daily media habits
To develop these competencies, it’s critical to complete all of the course lessons, include the mini-lessons, or “modules”, and short exercises along the way. This course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Alright, let’s get started!