Why partner with us
News-Decoder is an innovative educational resource that helps its partner schools teach global citizenship.
The following chart outlines how the educational services we offer enable students to develop journalistic skills and behaviors that foster the internationally-recognized core global citizenship competencies:
What partners receive
Students at our partner schools have exclusive access to an array of hands-on educational services. These include:
- Mentoring by our editorial staff
- Coaching by our network of experts
- Opportunities to be published on our news site
- Opportunities to present in global webinars
- Access to pitching, reporting and writing courses and guidebooks
- Opportunities to participate in our podcast series
- Access to Roundtable, our private, student-centric online discussion forum
- Opportunities to enter our writing contests and be nominated to attend the annual International Congress of Youth Voices conference
- Promotion on our news site and social media accounts
Check out the following video to hear from students who have particpated in our program and have changed as thinkers, communicators and citizens.
How schools partner with us
News-Decoder is a resource that is available to the entire school community. We are cross-disciplinary: faculty and students from different departments take advantage of News-Decoder in different ways throughout the year. Faculty can integrate our program into their curriculum or courses. Newspaper or student clubs can make use of our services. And students can independently contribute to events like our twice-yearly storytelling contest or podcast series.
At the outset of each year, we grant site permission to as many of a school's students and faculty as possible. This enables them to access all of the password-protected services on our site — including our eLearning courses, global webinars, guidebooks and Roundtable. Each fall, we also orient faculty and students to our services through orientation calls, in-person or virtual workshops and emails.
Throughout the year, a faculty point person and two Student Ambassadors serve as a crucial bridge between the school community and News-Decoder. Student Ambassadors are leaders who help keep the school informed of News-Decoder’s activities and ensure that their school shines on our website and in global webinars.