News Decoder’s 2019 fundraising campaign runs through October. Our goal is to raise $25,000 to support our global expansion efforts. We appreciate donations of all sizes.
Move continents closer
About our fundraising campaign
News Decoder is a global educational news service for young people. We take students through an editorial process that includes reporting, consulting experts and developing multimedia content for a global audience. We help students develop journalistic skills and behaviors that make them better global citizens.
In 2020 and beyond, our goal is to dramatically expand our global footprint by partnering with schools in far-flung countries. We are proud of our current network of 16 partner schools in 10 countries, but need to grow our network to fully realize our mission of broadening youth’s horizons through exposure to diverse cultures and ideas.
This year has been one of transformational growth. We hired a managing editor and strategy officer, business development and community engagement officer, summer web developer, and intern. We also added two new academic partners, five correspondents, two board members and two media partners.
We have a plan for developing new partners and it requires an upfront investment. Meeting educators is the best way to explain how our program enriches students and supports a school’s mission. Your support enables us to join international educational associations, present to their member schools and forge new partnerships.
- How can I help your fundraising campaign? First, we appreciate donations of any size. Second, please tell your friends, family and colleagues about our campaign. Third, join our mailing list and LinkedIn network to remain abreast of our news.
- What will my donation support? Our focus in 2020 is on expanding our global footprint. Your donation to our fundraising campaign will enable us to join international educational associations in Africa, Asia and the Middle East and to present to educators in their conferences and workshops — all with a view to adding more diverse partners to our network.
- Why do you need my donation when schools pay to partner with you? Our partners’ annual membership fees cover a portion of our organization’s costs. We rely on donations to staff enough people to actively engage with students and continue growing.
- Is my donation tax deductible? U.S.-based donors who would like a tax receipt can contribute to News Decoder through the King Baudouin Foundation United States (KBFUS). KBFUS is a registered U.S. public charity and is News Decoder’s approved fiscal sponsor. Click here to contribute through KBFUS.
- I don’t know how much to give. Any thoughts? If you want to help us achieve our global growth objectives, please consider the following: A $1000 donation enables us to participate in an international educational conference in Africa, Asia or the Middle East. A $2000 donation covers the average annual fee to join an international educational association, which connects us with hundreds of diverse, international schools. A $5000 donation covers the costs of visiting existing and prospective partner schools in at least three different regions around the world.
- I am interested in supporting your educational efforts. How can I help? Please consider the following: a $175 donation pays for an expert to write a decoder that helps youth understand important global events. A $250 donation helps fund our twice-yearly storytelling contest, which incentivizes students to develop creative multimedia content. A $500 donation covers the costs of engaging an expert to develop a new eLearning course for our site.
Get in touch
It is important to us that donors understand our mission, how past contributions have helped and how their continued support will fuel our growth in 2020 and beyond. If you have any questions about our fundraising campaign, please contact us.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +33 6 60 66 08 68
Follow our campaign
You can follow our campaign on social media. Hear from people who know us best on why you should support News Decoder.